Hey Kristin -
LOVED hearing about the New Year's discussion. Especially Drew wanting to let the dog out less! I am remembering why your family is so inspirational for us ...
I did make a resolution for Kate to learn how to make lemon crepes in 2010. Scott & Alden & I were out for a run and passed a little place in Hillcrest that came & went all in a year - didn't make it long - but I really, really liked their lemon crepes. Scott & I both said, "Guess we'll have to learn to make them." But since Kate has been bragging about how good she is at cooking with the Wii (we don't even have a Wii - can't remember where she did all this cooking!) - & that cooking with the Wii is WAY harder than real cooking - I thought she could take on that task.
Plus she's gotten really good at getting out written directions to figure out how to do something. I recently got a humidifier for her room - & before we had a chance to set it up, she had gotten out the directions & had the whole thing put together & ready, full of water & everything. Scott came in to check it & plug it in. He moved it over toward the wall/outlet, & she yelled, "No! Dad! That could give you an electric shock! It needs to be at least 12 inches from the wall!!" So it's comforting that we've got the safety factor down.
I too have managed to run every day of the year, but short distances - it is dang cold here too. I've done at least a couple miles a day though. I've also tried the yoga stuff you showed me - and I HURT! In a good way. Alden tried the moves too, and they humbled his almost-14-year-old body. But he mentioned that his track coach last spring suggested they work on their core muscles to improve their running, so he has his own motivation going.
Last night I read another bit of A Christmas Carol out loud before we went to bed. Tried reading it during the holidays but we didn't get very far. It's sweet time but everyone else falls asleep and I get a sore throat from reading aloud. I was caught off guard when I totally choked up at the part where Tiny Tim said he hoped the people saw him in church on Christmas Day, "because he was a cripple, and it might be pleasant to them to remember upon Christmas Day, who made lame beggars walk, and blind men see."
Kids had a snow day yesterday - handy to be in transition with work right now, on days like that.
Where did you find the WhirlyPop? You're going to love the popcorn it makes!
Ardelle
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment