Kristin -
Another first: I was home early today and on kid duty. Scott called around 5 - I was expecting him to say he was running late, or ask if he needed to stop by the grocery store, or something like that. I answer the phone and hear a simple, "You wanna go for a run?" I don't think HE has ever asked ME to go for a run. A bike ride? Yes. A walk? Yes. But he only runs when I beg him to go with me. I was so startled I thought I must have misunderstood. But no, he had a really stressful situation at work and just thought the best thing to do was tell me all about it on a run. Wow. That is beautiful.
Ardelle
PS: Regarding the group the other night - it went GREAT. Their thoughts were better than mine by far. Very good discussion about desperate vs. dedicated. But the best part came toward the end, when one guy asked if he could go to the bathroom. Without even thinking I said, "Oh, come on ... we'll be done in about ten minutes ... are you really desperate?" There was about 2 seconds of silence and then a burst of laughter. He just goes, "No, I'm not desperate but I AM dedicated when I have to go to the bathroom."
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
interesting, i was just talking with my supervisor yesterday about our first running as a foursome over the new year. i sure love firsts....without them there wouldn't be seconds or thirds....etc.
ReplyDelete